Home Banking / On-line Banking- The following disclosures and terms apply to your use on Jeffco Federal Credit Union’s On-line Banking and Bill Payment Services. Please read the provided disclosures carefully. By using On-line Banking and Bill payment services, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Computer Equipment Requirements
You will need a personal computer, a modem, a web browser with 128 bit encryption and access to the Internet (World Wide Web). You are responsible for the installation, maintenance and operation of your home computer, modem and software. We will not be responsible for any errors or failures involving any telephone service, Internet service, software installation or malfunctions of your home computer and related equipment.
Getting Started with Home banking
To transact business via the Home banking site you must first contact the Jeffco Federal Credit Union (303-278-4636) to obtain a personal User ID, along with a password.
After logging into to the Home banking site, you will be instructed to change your password and complete your security questions.
- Obtain various account information related to any of your share or loan accounts including current balances, dividends posted, loan interest and payoff balance, due dates and scheduled loan payment amounts;
- Obtain 90 day account history information;
- Transfer funds from your share draft (checking), share (savings), secondary savings, or money market accounts to make your loan payments;
- Transfer funds from your account to another account (cross account transfer) at the Jeffco Federal Credit Union by prior written approval of the credit union;
- Sign up for and access to eStatements (electronic statements);
- Receive account Alerts;
- Obtain tax information, including interest paid and dividends earned for year to date and for the previous year;
- Obtain selected dividend and interest rates;
- Edit or update your member information/profile;
- Other enhancements, transactions, inquiries or calculations, that may be made available on the Jeffco Federal Credit Union online system from time to time.
YOU MAY NOT perform the following types of transactions with Jeffco Federal Credit Union online:
- Transfer funds from your Home Equity Line of Credit
- Make IRA Contributions
- Withdraw or transfer from your Certificate of Deposit or IRA Certificate Account Funds
Transactions will be posted every two hours.
Stop payments on a transaction can be made by contacting the credit union (303-278-4636) during normal business hours. Transaction posted on nights, weekends and Holidays will not be stopped until normal business hours.
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time and in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we may be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. By way of example we will not be liable if:
- Through no fault of the Credit Union, you do not have enough money in your account or sufficient collected funds to make the transfer;
- You used the wrong access code or you have not properly followed any applicable computer, internet access, or our user instructions for making transfer .
- The system was not working properly, and you knew about the breakdown before you started the transfer;
- The system is unavailable due to system maintenance;
- Circumstances beyond the control of the Credit Union (such as fire, flood, computer or telephone system malfunction) prevent the transfer despite reasonable precautions we have taken;
- The transfer would violate another agreement between you and the Credit Union;
- Your account is “frozen” because of a court order or your PIN has been reported lost or stolen;
- The transfer would cause your line of credit overdraft loan or other loan to exceed the approved limit or if you are delinquent on any loan payments;
- Your monthly transfer limits under Reg D have been reached. See our limitations on transfers in the Membership Booklet .
- The error was caused by a system beyond our control, such as your Internet Service Provider.
- There are other reasons preventing us from processing your transaction as you instructed.
By signing the account signature card and establishing an account with us, you agree to receive electronic statements in lieu of paper statements. You can opt out of electronic statements by contacting the Credit Union at 303-278-4636. There is no fee to only receive paper statements at this time, but if during the period of time that you have elected to receive electronic statements, and you would like a paper copy of any statement, you may do so by contacting the Credit Union at 303-278-4636. You agree to pay the fee according to the Credit Union’s fee schedule for a statement copy. Electronic statements will be accessed through Jeffco Federal Credit Union’s Home Banking system located on our website www.jeffcofcu.org. Your periodic statement will be available for a period of at least 12 months. You understand that you must have a personal computer with access to the Internet to use the Home Banking system and have Adobe Acrobat reader to view and retain your electronic statement. In accordance with regulations, we require you to contact the credit union at firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 278-4636 with any changes to your email address or your contact information
To provide better service and a more complete and effective website, we use “cookies” as part of our interaction with your browser. A “cookie” is data which is data sent from our web server to your web browser.
TERMS & CONDITIONS DISCLOSURE STATEMENT/ BILL PAYING AGREEMENT/DISCLOSURE
***Bill Pay is a free and unlimited service offered to our members with a open and active checking account. However, If the bill pay account is not being used on a monthly basis, Jeffco Federal Credit Union can assess a $5.00 monthly fee and/or terminate your bill pay account with Jeffco Federal Credit Union.
This is your bill paying agreement with Jeffco Federal Credit Union. You may use Jeffco Federal Credit Union’s bill paying service, MYCU Services, to direct Jeffco Federal Credit Union to make payments from your designated checking account to the “Payees” you choose in accordance with this agreement. The terms and conditions of this agreement are in addition to the account agreements, disclosures and other documents in effect from time to time governing your account (The Account Rules).
“You” or “Your” means each person who is authorized to use the service. “Payee” means anyone, including the Credit Union, you designate and the Credit Union accepts as a “Payee”.
HOW TO SET UP PAYEES/PAYMENTS
*If you want to add a new “PAYEE”, select the “Payee” tab located in your Bill Pay application or speak to a service representative.
* You may add a new fixed payment to a “Payee” by accessing the service and entering the appropriate information. Most other additions, deletions, or changes can be made in writing or by using the service.
* The Credit Union reserves the right to refuse the designation of a “Payee” for any reason.
* You may pay any “Payee” with-in the United States (including U.S. territories and APO’s / AEO’s).
* The Credit Union is not responsible for payments that can not be made due to incomplete, incorrect, or outdated information.
THE BILL PAYING PROCESS
Single Payments – a single payment will be processed on the business day (generally Monday through Friday, except certain holidays) that you designate as the payment’s process date, provided the payment is submitted prior to the daily cut-off time on that date.
A single payment submitted after the cut-off time on the designated process date will be processed on the next business day. If you designate a non-business date (generally weekends and certain holidays) as the payment’s process date, the payment will be processed on the first business day following the designated process date.
Recurring Payments – When a recurring payment is processed, it is automatically rescheduled by the system. Based upon your selected frequency settings for the payment, a process date is calculated for the next occurrence of the payment. If the calculated process date is a non-business date (generally weekends and certain holidays), it is adjusted based upon the following rules:
* If the recurring payment‘s “Pay Before” option is selected, the process date for the new occurrence of the payment is adjusted to the first business date prior to the calculated process date.
* If the recurring payment’s “Pay After” option is selected, the process date for the new occurrence of the payment is adjusted to the first business date after the calculated process date.
Note: If your frequency settings for the recurring payment specify the 29th, 30th, or 31st as a particular day of the month for processing and that day does not exist in the month of the calculated process date, then the last calendar day of that month is used as the calculated process date.
SINGLE AND RECURRING PAYMENTS
The system will calculate the Estimated Arrival Date of your payment, this is only an estimate, please allow ample time for you payments to reach your “Payees”.
CANCELLING A PAYMENT
A bill payment can be changed or cancelled, anytime prior to the cutoff time on the scheduled process date.
You agree to have available and collected funds on deposit in the account you designate in amounts sufficient to pay for all bill payments requested, as well as, any other payment obligations you have to the Credit Union.
* The Credit Union reserves the right, without liability, to reject or reverse a bill payment if you fail to comply with the above requirement or any other term of this agreement.
* If you do not have sufficient funds in the account and the Credit Union has not exercised its right to reverse or reject a bill payment, you agree to pay for such payment obligations on demand.
* You further agree the Credit Union, at its option, may charge any of your accounts with the Credit Union to cover such payment obligations.
The Credit Union reserves the right to change the cut-off time. You will receive notice if it changes.
* You are solely responsible for controlling the safekeeping of and access to, your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
* If you want to terminate another person’s authority, you must notify the Credit Union and arrange to change your PIN. You will be responsible for any bill payment request you make that contains an error or is a duplicate of another bill payment.
* The Credit Union is not responsible for a bill payment that is not made if you did not properly follow the instructions for making a bill payment.
* The Credit Union is not liable for any failure to make a bill payment if you fail to promptly notify the Credit Union after you learn that you have not received credit from a “Payee” for a bill payment.
* The Credit Union is not responsible for your acts or omissions or those of any other person, including, without limitation, any transmission or communications facility, and no such party shall be deemed to be the Credit Union’s agent.
* In any event, the Credit Union will not be liable for any special, consequential, incidental, or punitive losses, damages, or expenses in connection with this agreement or the service, even if the Credit Union has knowledge of the possibility of them.
* The Credit Union is not liable for any act, failure to act or delay in acting if it is caused, in whole or in part, by any cause beyond the Credit Union’s reasonable control.
The Credit Union has the right to change this agreement at any time by notice mailed to you at the last address shown for the account on the Credit Union’s records, by posting notice in branches of the Credit Union, or as otherwise permitted by law.
* The Credit Union has the right to terminate this agreement at any time.
* You may terminate this agreement by written notice to the Credit Union.
* The Credit Union is not responsible for any fixed payment made before the Credit Union has a reasonable opportunity to act on your termination notice.
* You remain obligated for any payments made by the Credit Union on your behalf.
The fee for the Bill Paying Service is: Free per month, for an unlimited number of monthly payments as long as you are using your bill pay account on a monthly basis. Failure to use the account on a monthly basis can result in a $5.00 per month deduction from your checking and/or your bill pay account terminated.
Miscellaneous Product Fees
* Overnight Fee: $14.95
* 2nd Day Fee: $9.95 Standard or $4.95 Economy
* Charitable Donations: $1.99
* Gift Pay: $2.99